- RSS Channel Showcase 7757093
- RSS Channel Showcase 6401043
- RSS Channel Showcase 9229311
- RSS Channel Showcase 8034242
Articles on this Page
- 05/31/16--14:11: _Importance Of End-O...
- 09/01/16--13:42: _Slowing Aging May N...
- 01/08/17--13:52: _Top 10 Good News To...
- 03/01/17--14:10: _Federal Government ...
- 07/05/17--13:41: _Increase In Cancer ...
- 09/08/17--14:36: _Wellness Travel Pop...
- 05/31/16--14:11: Importance Of End-Of-Life Care
- 09/01/16--13:42: Slowing Aging May Not Be That Bad
- 01/08/17--13:52: Top 10 Good News To Come
- 03/01/17--14:10: Federal Government Needs To Speed Up On Universal Drugs Plan
- 07/05/17--13:41: Increase In Cancer Rates Shocks Canadians
- 09/08/17--14:36: Wellness Travel Popular Among Boomers
While everybody has been debating about the pros and cons of the proposed Bill C-14 on the right to die in Canada, another important topic is being sidelined – the access to and the quality of palliative care. Specialists believe that there is too much fear surrounding discussions about end-of-life care. They said it is not […]
Last month, The Economist‘s article, Cheating Death, conjured up the distant possibility of slowing, and even abolishing, aging all together with successful scientific research and breakthroughs. With the increase of average lifespans over the past century, the new extension of human life can be brought about by specific anti-senescence drugs, some of which may already […]
2016 was full of bad news, so let’s hope the new year is going to bring more good tidings, particularly for us boomers! Based on some of the developments last year, here are my anticipated top 10 good news for the new year: Canada Continues to Be The Shining Light Of the World: Canada graced the October […]
Two years ago, I posted an article on this blog entitled “Time To Introduce Universal Drugs Plan Is Now,” saying that the Federal Government seemed to be dragging their feet at the introduction of a national pharmacare program for Canada. With the advent of our nation’s 150th birthday this year, very little has been done. […]
A new report released last month by the Canadian Cancer Society, in partnership with the Public Health Agency of Canada and Statistics Canada, predicted that almost one in every two Canadians is expected to be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime and one in four Canadians will die from the disease. The charitable organization indicated […]
I recently conducted an interview with a freelance journalist who was drafting an article on the latest boomer-travel trends for publication in a newsletter for Manulife Financial. I told her that wellness and slow travel will become a major trend for this demographic for the next decade or so. According to the Canadian Tourism Research […]